Terms and Conditions
- Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Information on ‘How to enter’ also forms part of the terms and conditions of entry.
- For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the promoter is Chalk it up (ABN: 16 020 231 498) (“Promoter”).
- Entry is open to Australian residents who are 18 years and older (excluding employees of the Promoter and associated agencies and companies) (“Entrant”).
- The competition period commences at 7:00am AEDST on Tuesday 14 April 2015. Each week a ‘giveaway’ will be promoted:
|Week||Competition period commences||Competition period closes|
|Week 1||7:00am AEDST on Tuesday 14 April 2015||10:00pm AEDST on Monday 20 April 2015|
|Week 2||7:00am AEDST on Tuesday 21 April 2015||10:00pm AEDST on Monday 27 April 2015|
|Week 3||7:00am AEDST on Tuesday 28 April 2015||10:00pm AEDST on Monday 4 May 2015|
|Week 4||7:00am AEDST on Tuesday 5 May 2015||10:00pm AEDST on Monday 11 May 2015|
|Week 5||7:00am AEDST on Tuesday 12 May 2015||10:00pm AEDST on Monday 18 May 2015|
Entries close at 10:00pm AEDST Monday during the (“Competition Period”).
How to enter:
- By entering this competition, Entrants become eligible for the chance to win the prize as described below.
- To enter this competition, Entrants must:
- A) Follow @chalkitupblog on Facebook and share the competition post by tagging @chalkitupblog and a friend.
- B) Follow @chalkitup_aus on Instagram and in the comments section of the competition image tag #chalkituptowin and tag friend
- C) Sign up to our blog subscribers list via our website (www.chalkitup.com.au).
Each week an Entrant may enter up to 3 times – per prize per week. Once on Facebook, once on Instagram and once subscribing (noting an Entrant can only subscribe an email once over the five weeks) – totaling up to a maximum of 3 entries each week throughout the competition period.
- All entries received outside of the Competition Period will not be eligible for entry.
- One winning Entrant (“Winner”) will be determined at 14 Barrett Street, Macgregor, ACT, 2615, Australia each Sunday over the Competition Period.
- The Winner will receive the prize as specific below
|Week 1||Copper Clock|
|Week 2||Aesop purifying exfoliant facial paste|
|Week 3||Kiki-k travel wallet|
|Week 4||The Rosie project book|
|Week 5||Lorna Jane voucher $50|
- The Promoter will contact the Winner via their contact information. The prize will be delivered via post to the address specified by the Winner. An Australian address must be nominated for the postage – the prize can only be delivered within Australia.
- The total Prize value is:
Note: all in $AUD.
13. The Prize is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash. The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be paid if the Winner is unable to use the Prize. In the event that the Prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The Prize value is correct at time of printing but no responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the Prize.
14. The Winner will be notified via email on Monday each week.
15. The Winner must confirm acceptance of the Prize via email by Tuesday each week.
16. The Winner’s name will be posted on the Chalk it up website (http://www.chalkitup.com.au) once the Winner has accepted the Prize. The Winner agrees and consents to their name being posted on Chalk it up’s Facebook page or any of its other social media or marketing platforms
17. The Promoter will take no responsibility if the Winner’s contact details are incorrect or incomplete and the Winner cannot be contacted.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to appoint a new winner on Wednesday if the Winner cannot be contacted.
19. By entering this competition each Entrant warrants to the Promoter that their submitted entry is an original work of the Entrant, has not been previously published or won any award and does not contain any material which would infringe the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark or other third party intellectual property rights. The Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter and keep the Promoter indemnified against all claims and costs incurred by third parties arising from a breach of the warranties set out in this clause.
20. Each Entrant assigns all proprietary rights (including any intellectual property rights) they have in their entry to the Promoter. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that their entry becomes the property of the Promoter and the Promoter has the right to use the entry across any communication or marketing platform owned or used by the Promoter. The Promoter is entitled to use any of the submitted entries for any purpose, including (but not limited to) any future promotion, marketing or publicity purposes.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to remove at any time from any communication channels or platforms on which the entries have been published any entry it deems, in its sole discretion, to be offensive or in breach of any legislation, regulations or by-laws.
22. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who interferes or tampers with the entry process or if the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
23. Despite anything to the contrary in these terms and conditions, errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s complete discretion.
24. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
25. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of this competition is at its complete discretion and final and binding on all persons who enter into this competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. Any costs associated with entering this competition are the responsibility of each Entrant.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will also be deemed invalid and will not be included in the competition. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not the time of transmission by the Entrant. Email is not a guaranteed delivery communication tool. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for any email messages not received. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches.
28. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia.
29. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter and its associated companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any problems or technical malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to Entrants or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participation in this competition; (b) any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in connection with this competition, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of this competition; (c) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or third part interference or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries or entrants details; (d) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Promoter); (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant (independent financial advice should be sought); (f) participation in this competition; or (g) cancellation of this competition.
30. This competition, or any aspect of it, may be changed or withdrawn at any time without prior notification. In the event of any dispute, management of the Promoter will be the sole arbitrator and their decision will be final (subject to any laws that may apply).
31. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage the Promoter’s promotional website or the information on the website, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
32. The Promoter will collect Entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the competition. If the information requested is not provided, the Entrant may not participate in the competition. By entering the competition, the Entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the competition, content on Facebook and other emails which inform the Entrant of the Promoter’s other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in.
33. Entrants acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants will provide their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook or Instagram.
34. Entrants acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the brands of the prizes. Entrants will provide their information to the Promoter and not to the prize’s brand. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the competition must be directed to the Promoter, not the brand of the prize.
35. These terms and conditions are governed by, and are to be construed in accordance with, the laws enforceable in Canberra, Australia. Each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction in Canberra, Australia and any court hearing appeals from those courts.
36. These terms and conditions embody the entire agreement between the Promoter and each Entrant with respect to this competition.
37. Any provision in these terms and conditions which is invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is to be read down for the purpose of that jurisdiction, if possible, so as to be valid and enforceable, and otherwise must be severed to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability, without affecting the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions or affecting the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
38. The Promoter can be contacted at: Email: email@example.com